- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 8 sprigs of cilantro, picked, washed and chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 cups green or purple cabbage
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 4 filets of tilapia
- Olive oil
- 12 x 6” corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In a medium sized bowl, combine avocados, 1 juiced lime and ⅓ of the cilantro. Mash the avocado leaving some chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in fridge.
- In a separate bowl, combine the carrots, cabbage, onion, the remaining cilantro and one juiced lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place tilapia on a plate and season with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet or non-stick pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear tilapia on both sides for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Tortillas: Place corn tortillas on a plate and cover with a napkin. Heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm through. For soft, flavourful tacos, heat tortillas by warming them in a pan with hot olive oil.
- Select a tortilla and spread the avocado mixture down the centre. Add the slaw mixture and then crumble the tilapia over top. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy. Add salsa if you prefer.
Dabble Savvy: Tilapia is a delicate white fish so use a spatula instead of tongs to turn.