- 1 tbsp Sambal sauce (chili sauce)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
Mix ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Set in fridge until serving.
Sesame Crusted Tuna
- 2 pieces sushi grade tuna
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions, julienne
- 1 cup red peppers, julienne
- 1 cup green peppers, julienne
- 1 cup celery, julienne
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 baby bok choy, washed and julienne
- 1 cup of black or white sesame seeds
- ½ cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sesame seeds on a plate and roll the tuna edges in the seeds, making sure to cover all sides. If seeds are not sticking, cover the tuna with a tablespoon of olive oil before rolling.
- Ina large sauté pan, heat the olive oil until it reaches its smoking point and then add tuna.
- Sear the tuna for approximately 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Set the tuna on a plate with a paper towel.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add onions, peppers, celery and carrots, then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, orange zest and juice, ginger and sesame oil, continually stirring. Remove the pan from the heat and add bok choy.
- Slice tuna on a bias (4-5 pieces per serving). Plate the vegetables and fan tuna pieces on top. Pour the remaining liquid from the vegetables over the tuna and add a generous dollop of spicy mayo. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Tip: Wash the bok choy thoroughly to remove any grit.