Biscottis are a great morning snack. Here’s a scrumptious recipe that we found on the blog Italian Food Forever.
Lemon Anise Biscotti
Yield: Makes 3 Dozen
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Crisp twice baked cookies that are perfect for dipping.
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp anise seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate owl whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and thick, then add the extract, zest, and anise seeds.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir until mixed.
6. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for a minute until smooth.
7. Shape the dough into a log about 3′ wide and place on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
9. Remove the pan from the oven and reduce the heat to 325 ºF.
10. After 10 minutes, using a serrated knife, cut the log into slices about 3/8′ wide and lay the slices flat on the baking sheet side by side.
11. Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes more, turning over halfway until very light brown. (The cookies will crisp up as they cool)
12. Cool and store in an airtight container.